Sunday, May 18, 2008

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
Retired gentleman, eyeing Alison suspiciously: "YOU'RE going to ride 4500 miles? Don't you have to be in shape to do that?"
Alison: "No. It just hurts less if you are."

OK. So I'm not Lance Armstrong. I am a middle-aged overweight mom with a dream and an iron will. If I waited until I was skinny to do this trip, I'd be sitting at home forever. We have not taken time off from work to train full-time. We will have to give it what my Tennessee grandmother calls "a lick and a promise."


The four of us send a heartfelt thank you to our kind sponsors for this ride:

ST. MARY MEDICAL CENTER, WALLA WALLA

SHIMANO AMERICAN CORPORATION

VOLER TEAM APPAREL/ ED FONDA

VOMAX/ MICHAEL RUSTUCCIA

TEVA NEUROSCIENCE/COPAXONE/ PHIL HAZEL

BIOGEN IDEC/ AVONEX/ DENNIS PEGRAM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gus its ben tompkins just wanted to know if you and sonia were fed up with eachother. So anyways, i got this new waterslide thingy with two jumps and water spritzes everywere now JC has lego indiana jones.

Ur buddie,
Ben