Sunday, July 6, 2008

In Minnesota!


Alison and Sonia (lower right) cross the bridge
from Grand Forks, ND into Minnesota.



Minnesota welcomed us with a beautiful sunset.



There must be leprechauns in Minnesota. How
else would you explain the small stop signs very
low to the ground?


I don't even want to know what "winter storage"
means.


Sonia and Gus get drenched by a waterfall in
the water park in Grand Forks. This was a
great way to spend a hot, humid afternoon.


The evening light and ice cream -- another
welcome to Minnesota.

Gus and his new friend at Turtle River State
Park. I think he seriously considered a frog
dinner after not having a meal that night!
The most interesting breakfast
promotion we have seen yet.

6 comments:

Terri said...

You guys ROCK! Thanks for keeping us updated on your route.

You were in Friday's UB again.

Be safe!

Hugs from WW- Terri G.

Anonymous said...

Last day of our rummage sale which was VERY successful. Rachel, Rob and Hannah left about 5:30, loaded down with goodies. Xela's 'fragrance' is only slight now. I still love her as she continues to dig up gophers! (Go, girl!!) I want to see if I can get a copy of the WW UB news article about your trip. Great photo of Alison and the kids by the Turtle River sign. Thanks for sending them. Love, Mom and Dad

Terri said...

To the family of Alison and Dan-

I tried to access the UB via internet to find the article (Appreciating America one mile at a time). No luck.

I am saving the article, as no doubt others are also. If you wish, email me at tbear1@charter.net and I will send it to you.

Dan, Alison, Sonia and Gus- I am still so amazed at what you are accomplishing this summer!

Hugs from WW! Terri G.

Anonymous said...

Dear Family of Gus!

Alice's family is anxiously awaiting your arrival in Cornucopia! We want to know: will you arrive on Fiday? Approx what time? What do you want to eat? Sky is the limit! How long can you stay? We are so excited! We love all the pictures! It is great to know more famous people.
love, Alice, et al

Anonymous said...

From Google search for "Appreciating America one mile at a time" Union-Bulletin.
From the results select Cache and it will pull up the article.

buddyclark said...

Dan and Family

Dan, I don't know if you remember me but I am the Secretary in the Academic Ed Dept. at WWCC. I have been following your blog since I read the first article in the UB. I am amazed by what your family is doing. Happy Trails. . . .

Sue Clark